Sunday, May 8, 2011

100 Days of Summer - The Idea

   Monday marks the first day of my senior year finals week at the University of Iowa. That means only one thing. After a week of pushing pencils and cramming in a semester's worth of knowledge, it will officially be summer on the academia calender.

  Maybe it was too many late nights and early mornings at the library trying to understand audit procedures, or perhaps the freezing cold of the Iowa winter messed up a few brain circuits, but I began to become tired of staying up at night looking back at the day and realizing that I did nothing worth the title of "exciting."

  I began to think, "why does it have to be this way?" Why do we compromise our day and time working to make our lives better when the true enjoyment can be found right in the present? It's a hard sell, I know, but with nice weather approaching and the intimate freedom that summer provides, this blog and experiment has wandered itself into my thoughts.

  100 Days of Summer is an idea, a different way to look at things. Do not take the number seriously, 100 days is just a nice round number, but in reality I hope that the summer loving spirit possesses me much longer. I am making a vow to myself to do something worth writing about everyday this summer. To do something that I consider to be "sweet", "fun", or "exciting".

  Tough life I realize, but maybe tougher then one might think. It's all about perception and the willingness to do what comes naturally to us, and to do what many adults ignore. It is a challenge to explore and to dive out of comfort zones. To learn, play, and grow. Inspiration will surely be needed, so I encourage anyone, and I mean anyone, who has been working on anything interesting, anything worth deeming fun, exciting, or new to post something yourself. To share your ideas.

The options are endless, and like any great adventure, half the fun will be getting there.

Until next time,

BDL

No comments:

Post a Comment