Monday, August 15, 2011

HOLY COW - 100 DAYS ALREADY?!?!?!?!?!

What? Say it isn't so! Summer is over!!!!!

But it's not all bad. As it does, life is moving forward and good things are to come. I started working today. Whoa, almost a real job in fact. For the next four months I'll be an accounting intern for the Iowa Department of Natural Resources. The building is located kitty-corner to the Iowa capital (pictured right). I catch the bus every morning at 6:55 so I will be (forcefully) a morning-bird from now on. I good quote though I read recently said "a man who can wake before dawn 360 days a year will never fail to make his family rich" I don't necessarily believe richness is measured purely by monetary gain either.

Don't worry though, the summer spirit will hopefully continue to live on. Just because the schedule is a little tighter and the dress a little less casual does not mean we can't still have a little fun. Their is still time to write, read, and be alive. On the radar is the Des Moines Marathon in October, weekend trips to visit all the friends I already miss, and most of all just enjoy each day one at a time. Because if anything, we can't ask for much more.

Later Gators,

BDL

No comments:

Post a Comment