Monday, June 13, 2011

Problems, Problems, Problems

Problems, Everyone has them, some more serious then others, but everyone has them. Whether they are the everyday sort or a lingering nag in the back of your head they can stress you out, leave you feeling empty, and ultimately make life seem a little shorter. But I am trying to flip the outlook, to look at them from a different angle, and to ultimately let my problems empower me and to illustrate just how fortunate I am to have these problems.

Some problems are more serious then others, not everyone has the privileged lifestyle that I have become accustomed to as a white male with a college degree, but I believe that everyone can take their own problems and flip the page to see that maybe problems aren't always a bad thing.

Problems can take many shapes, often they come from money, relationships, or the everyday struggle. My thought is to no longer let these problems stress you out too much, to instead appreciate your problems, to appreciate that you even have these problems.

The thought stems from friends who as we sat in their Colorado mountain laced backyard were semi-stressing out about the yearning to move towards a warmer climate, perhaps a beach. I remember thinking "what a great problem to have, to stress about wanting to move from one beautiful landscape to another." And then I realized, all of us have these great problems.

I stress out about my future quite a bit, about having to make decisions about my career, about how to use my degree to its greatest advantage. I also stress about my relationships with friends and closer acquaintances. I have to stop and remind myself sometimes that I have great problems. I am in a great position to accelerate, to love, and to learn. And so are you.

Every time you are stressing out about a home payment, a non-attentive child, a busy work schedule, or any other daily life schedule; remember you are fortunate to have these struggles. Remember that your problems are not a reason to stress, but a reason to celebrate, a reason to sit back and relish in what you have created.

It could be a stretch, and for some people with more serious problems it may be a hard sell, but everyone can hopefully take a moment to look at their problems and realize that maybe it's not so bad, and to realize that perhaps many people would love to have your problems. So next time you are sitting with people you love, raise your glasses not just for your blessings but for your problems as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment