Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Back to School

And so it begins...again.

With below freezing temperatures and crowded buses, students have once again flooded the streets of Iowa City to begin the first day of the new semester. School starting is always bitter-sweet, and after taking the last semester to complete an internship, I had forgotten the busy schedule involved with being a college student.

I can't complain to much however, the busy curricular and extra-curricular lifestyle is unquestionably missed by those who no longer live it. This semester also happens to be my last before graduation; so sudden plans to squeeze all that I can get out of it have come to surface and as of now it's a waiting game to see how everything will turn out.

Tentative plans and things on the radar include:
  • 2nd Annual "Get Belayed on Valentine's Day" Climbing Competition
  • Midwest Outdoor Leadership Conference 
  • 3rd Annual Polar Plunge including inaugural Polar Beer Olympics
  • Spring Beak?!
  • Ice Silo and Cross Country Skiing
  • General Tom-Foolery 
  • And Many More!
Alas among all these fun things (of which I plan on doing none alone) I must remind myself that their are still classes to attend and tests to ace. Ideas are always out their for adventures and I hope to hear them.Come join me, let's do something fun, and as always; enjoy the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment