Monday, October 10, 2011

Frolfing for a Reason (as if you needed a reason)

               Frolfing for a Reason: 
                           $908 Later

It feels good to be done, to rest easy knowing the only thing left to do is run a marathon, time to relax. Let's go October 16th, I'm ready for you (sorta).  

The first ever "Frolfing for a Reason" hit the course last Sunday with beautiful fall weather, wonderful company, and of course some good ole' fashioned disc golf.

Although it was not a record setting day, everyone who came walked away with raffle prizes and other free goodies, overall I would give the event an overall sucess rating.

Between the hole sponsors, extra raffle tickets, and the gracious patrons of the game, Frolfing for a Reason raised just over $900. Not bad for the inagrual event.

I now realize the fun (work) to be had to put on an event that requires public particapation. I can also now see the experiences (mistakes) that I could have done better. What's better yet, this event serves as a wonderful template or base to build up from for future aspirations (Disc Golf tournaments).

A big shout-out goes to all those who lent a helping hand with fundraising, logistics, and general encouragement. You all are the steam to my ship, the Adrian to my Rocky, and as always the people that make my life better.





 GO OUT AND PLAY 
  

No comments:

Post a Comment