Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Let's Check Out the Scoreboard

It's that time in the game where I gotta take a step back and check out the scoreboard. Over the past month, I have jumped in over my head and taken on some extra-curricular activity. I have been working an internship at the Department of Natural Resources during the day, and fundraising/training at night. I signed up for, and back my own money against, raising $1,000 for the American Cancer Society. In return they will sponsor me in the Des Moines Marathon October 16th. Why I did this exactly, I am still trying to figure out. For the majority of the fundraising, I am hosting my first Frisbee Golf Tournament, "Frolfing for a Reason." Let's take a look at the scoreboard Alex:

Things Accomplished:

It's always nice to start off by looking at the things already done:

-Reserved the Course
-Distributed Posters
-Collected (3) Corporate Sponsors
-Made it Facebook Official
-Got an ad in the Des Moines Register (although the date was wrong)
-Put down an 18 mile run
-Collected a ton of Raffle Prizes including:

(2) tickets to see RAIN (Beatles Tribute Band) at the Civic Center of Greater Des Moines, dinner and drinks for two at Rock Bottom Brewery, (2) $20 gift certificate to Fudruckers, (2) $15 dollar gift certificates to Quintons (combine as one?), (1) $50 gift certificate to Scheels, (1) Gift Certificate to Lasting Images Tattoo Parlor, 14 free days and two water bottles to Anytime Fitness, (1) free shirt from Ray-Gun, and (1) $25 gift certificate to Splash, and (1) $10 gift certificate to Olympic Flame.

Things To Do

This list could go forever.

-Reach out to more media (C'mon ya'll it's for a good cause)
-Follow up with raffle donations locations:
  Wellmans, Century Theater, Spot-Less Car Wash, Fredrich's Coffee, Starbucks (as many as I can), The Funny-Bone, Active Endeavors, Coldstone Creamery, plus anywhere else in the Des Moines metropolitan area
-Course Maintenance (Signs and Scorecards)
-Get more corporate sponsored holes (I wish their was a website for this)
-Bust out the 20 miler this weekend
-GET THE WORD OUT!

It's hard to believe where I was a month ago in this endeavor. I had little to no contacts or anything put together, but thanks to a few friendly souls, the snowball has been created. Want to know if it will blow up in my face? You can come on down to Ewing Park October 2nd and find out. While you are there you might as well play a little Frisbee golf for a good cause.

If you want to help out in anyway, drop me a line, find me on Facebook, or blow a couple of smoke signals over that yonder hill; I always appreciate the communication.

Keeping it Easy,

Brad Lane

No comments:

Post a Comment